English?

Follow by Email

Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012

IMATS 2012, PIXIWOO AND LOTS OF TEARS

¡Hola!
Okay, I am back from my trip to London and  IMATS and I've got a lot to tell you!
First of all: YES I met Sam and Nic from PIXIWOO and I got lots of make-up and stuff...

My day (Saturday the 4th) began at 5:30am; I woke up, got ready and headed to King's Cross station where I met the lovely Youtube make-up guru Maxine Hughes aka "BeautifulFreak" and a subscriber of hers named Rena.
Shortly after we arrived at Alexandra Palace we met another Youtube make-up artist Anastasija Potjomkina "Rottenzombiefairy".
Within 60 minutes I got like 100 things (which I will show you in another blog post!) so that my bag weighed around 10kg (not even kidding).
The first day was very exhausting, carrying around all the things I bought, but it was much fun I tell you =)

Day 2:
The second day began with quite a shock: SNOW!
15-20 cm snow to be exact.
Mushy, wet, dirty, cold snow.
There were no busses calling at Alexandra Palace because it was too dangerous for them to drive up the hill and there were no taxis  either which meant we (a friend and 2 of his friends which I accidentally met at the tube station) had to go there by foot.
It was FREEZING and within 5 minutes my shoes were soaking wet (which is absolutely uncool when it is around -5°).

At 3pm the Q&A with Pixiwoo began.

Sam and Nic were absolutely lovely, beautiful and inspiring. I've watched them for a while now (around one year I think?) and I was so nervous seeing them in person.


The audience had many questions regarding the make-up business  and one I remember vividly was about why Nic decided to do tutorials for women who lost their hair due to cancer.
This was a very touching moment in which one could see how much of an emotional and honest person she is.
Both of them were really nice and funny and 100% like in their videos which I absolutely loved<3
I can't say enough how much I like these women!
After the Q&A we were able to take pics with them and by the time I was the next one in line I was soooo nervous that I broke down into tears :D (I don't know why but I always cry: when I am happy, sad, angry, surprised,... something must be very wrong with me!)
I just couldn't believe I was about to meet the most beautiful, inspiring and talented sisters I knew so far, they are just like heroes to me.


I'll always remember the first thing Sam said to me: "are you all right?":D
My answer:" NO! I'm about to cry,.."

                           
First of all I had to hug Nic and tell her how happy I was for her having little Harry (look at Sam's face btw!)
The conversation went something like this:
Me:" OMG can I first hug you?"
Nic:"Sure you can!"
Me:"Congrats on Harry, I am so happy for you!"
Nic:"Aaaww, thank you. Please don't cry cause otherwise I'll start crying, too!"
Sam:"Ya, you'll ruin your beautiful make-up!"
Me:"I don't care. I am so happy to be able to meet you both here."
[...]

In the end we managed to take at least one normal picture together (in which one can't see my red eyes and my smudgy make-up! haha)
Though IMATS and London were exhausting and super expensive, I wouldn't change one thing that happened in these 6 days.

Thanks to everyone who made this weekend unforgettable!

I also recorded a video! 

xoxo
still exhausted

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen